Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD)
FläktGroup welcomes proposed recast of the EPBD as it supports our strategy
- Issued by the Commission of the European Union
- Directive in force since 2003
- Local legislation to ratify directive under way
- 20% reduction by 2020
- Viable for all buildings, domestic and non-domestic
Download the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive>>
The Commission of the European Union has proposed a recast of the EPBD (Energy Performance in Buildings Directive, 2002/91/EC). The objective is to further strengthen the effectiveness and impact of the existing Directive.
The background to this initiative is that even in member states where the existing Directive has been successfully implemented, the Commission still sees an untapped potential for improvements that could further reduce the energy consumption and CO2 emissions from buildings.
Important changes in this proposal are:
- All buildings should meet certain energy efficiency levels when they undergo a major renovation, and not only those above 1000m2 as it is today.
- A buildings energy certificate with its energy saving recommendations should be included in sales and renting documents.
- The inspection of air conditioning systems should include advises on how to use and improve the operation of the system, including if needed, a recommendation of replacement.
The impact of the proposed changes in the recast is estimated to equate to a further 5 - 6 % reduction of the energy used in EU in 2020 (which is equal to the current energy consumption in Belgium and Romania!).
FläktGroup has developed its e3 initiative with a focus on the development and promotion of energy efficient systems that provides a healthy indoor climate. We therefore welcome this initiative for energy efficient, environmentally friendly and healthy buildings.
FläktGroup UK Head Office
Moreton Business Park,
Hereford, HR4 8DS
Site Service: 0845 608 4449
Applied systems: 0845 608 4446