Sports Buildings Indoor Air Comfort
Exercising is an essential part of human daily life, it is therefore crucial that sports buildings create a welcoming and clean environment.
Sports halls, shopping centres, ballrooms, presentation areas, and multi-functional forums are required to handle large numbers of participants undertaking different activities.
Before a large space is used, the HVAC system must bring empty rooms to a pleasant temperature level, so that the first arrivals will feel comfortable.
Depending on the needs (only ventilation), heating in winter or cooling in summer, it is common to use air heaters for indoor sports halls; in most circumstances units recirculate air which is heated in winter (when really cold) or, more commonly, they are used for refrigeration in summer. If required it is possible to add some fresh air via the air heater with a mixing chamber or there is the possibility to remove stale air by combining the air heater with a roof extraction fan.
Ventilation needs constantly vary depending on the audience numbers, the show time and the period of the year etc.
Indoor Air Comfort
It is also critical for the comfort of audience members that noise levels should be maintained and kept to a minimum during show time.
Supply and Return Air
Supply air should be introduced from the ceiling area through diffusers. Return air collected from below the seats to maintain the desired air flow pattern
The more people in a large room, the more important the supply of sufficient fresh air.
With large numbers of participants, it is often necessary even in winter to cool such rooms to avoid excessive warmth. The spontaneous fluctuations in room conditions that occur under such circumstances can be effectively handled by large-capacity ventilation equipment, linked to effective heating systems and chillers.
Such a combination of systems is controlled by technology that sensitively analyses the input from many sensors and flawlessly keeps room climate under control. Despite all this capacity, operators of course expect HVAC systems to produce as little noise as possible: after all, ventilation systems must not disturb lectures, performances, concerts, and other events.
FläktGroup technology is equally well suited for large event rooms and for flexible room-use concepts.
Air-flow controllers from FläktGroup provide sophisticated direction of air flow to those rooms where it is most needed. Controlled-speed drive systems supply exactly the volume of air that is required, and assure efficient operation.
eQ MASTER® AIR HANDLING UNIT
- Tailor made for customer needs
- Energy Efficient and optimized with integrated control
- Large variety of high efficiency components
eQ PRIME TOP AIR HANDLING UNIT
- Energy efficient rotary heat exchanger
- Plug and Play installation
- Easy maintenance with front doors
eCO TOP AIR HANDLING UNIT
- Top connected ducts
- Rotary or Counterflow Plate heat exchanger
- Lownoise level <35 dB within 3 meters
eCO SIDE AIR HANDLING UNIT
- Side connected ducts, pipes andcables for easy installation
- Rotary or Counterflow Plate heatexchanger
- Low noise level <35dB within 3 meters
STRA-04 ROOM CONTROLLER
- Easy installation thanks to separate basic plate for cable connections.
- 4 separate operation positions
- Efficient attenuation
- Absorbing materials polyester (M1 certification) and mineral wool (fire rated)
- Migration of absorbent fibres prevented
OPTIVENT® ULTRA - ULSA VAV DAMPER
- Accurate air flow measurement
- No pressure loss nor noise of the air flow measurement
- Large air flow range
- Small influence of dust
AP BIO Air Purification Unit
- AP BIO is the only bio decontaminating solution equipped with ePM1 50% (F7)and HEPA H14 filters with AirFend™ technology which retains and deactivates bacteria and viruses (including Sars-CoV-2 responsible for Covid-19).
- The unit also purifies the air of dust and other particles with its 50% ePM1 (F7) and HEPA H14 filters.
- AP BIO air purifier uses an active air treatment process, unlike other passive air treatment solutions.
- AP BIO is a mobile unit which can easily be moved to different rooms and used in a very flexible way.
- The unit is easy and quick to install and gives easy access for maintenance of filters without tools.
A swimming area will cater to a variety of requirements, from pools in hotels and private accommodation to large sports centres or small spas. Each with irregular utilization and often many hours without use.
Theatres & cinemas often have highly demanding requirements for their heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.