Together We Create Excellence. For Life.
Area Sales Manager
Location: North East England Date Posted: 30/08/2023
Area Sales Manager
We are seeking an Area Sales Manager to support and develop existing Customers as well as acquiring new Customers primarily from the Building Services Consulting and Contractor sectors.
As an Area Manager you will need to be aware of the various influences and drivers of the Post-coded region under your responsibility, and provide feedback to your Line Manager on your local market trends, including; Competition and Construction activity.
- You will be expected to develop and maintain a sound knowledge of the FläktGroup Applied Product range and the associated Services and capabilities of the business. You will need to develop an understanding and ability to recognise suitable applications for the product range across all industries and through an ongoing process of delivered and self-learning, enhance this knowledge and capability to become the Customer’s trusted advisor.
- Working within your dedicated territory and in coordination with your Line Manager and other Area Sales Manager’s to deliver your annual plan, ensuring that the business objectives of FGUK are met, specifically to provide excellent account management to ensure Order targets, Margin Management, Customer development and retention objectives are met.
- Maintain your own Project Pipeline through our QMS (Quotation Management Software) with up to date timelines, assessment of conversion and project status
- Contribute to the improvement and strategic development of the Applications team, supporting other sales colleagues to exploit opportunities in the promotion of our range of HVAC equipment and our extensive Service offerings to develop of market presence and share.
- Understand the Company’s vision and strategic goals and objectives and the performance against these objectives to ensure that FGUK’s commitments for profitable growth are achieved.
- In addition to Sales, Training and Factory meetings, you may from time to time be required to attend Industry functions, participate at seminars, conferences and other external events / meetings
- This is not an exhaustive list of the role responsibilities
- Ability to travel regionwide as required
- Minimum 5 years of field-based HVAC sales experience required, and a full clean driving license.
- ONC, HNC/D, Degree in Mechanical / HVAC discipline or equivalent would be an advantage
- Good understanding of current building services (HVAC) solutions and design principles
- Self-starter who can work on his/her own initiative, capable of balancing a demanding workload through effective prioritisation and completing work requirements timely and accurately
- A good negotiator with sound commercial awareness / judgement, an ability overcome internal and external challenges and demonstrate quality and value to a customer above price alone
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral), able to demonstrate confidence and a professional attitude under pressure.
- A team player able to work alone in an entrepreneurial manner whilst developing opportunities for others through communication and support, recognising that this will be reciprocated.
- Experience in utilising product selection tools and an ability to evaluate outputs from such tools to ensure selections and proposals are both in line with Customer / Specification requirements whilst being optimised to maximise the potential for conversion to order.
- Good general I.T. skills to competently work with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Additional leave
- Company car
- Company pension
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- HVAC Sales: 5 years (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: On the road
For over 100 years, we have proudly developed innovative and energy-efficient Indoor Air Quality solutions for commercial buildings and critical ventilation applications. Today FläktGroup is one of the global leaders with +600 MEUR in sales to more than 65 countries and headquartered in Herne, Germany. With the widest product range in the industry, our products are found everywhere from homes, offices and schools, to hospitals, data centres, subways and offshore.Apply Now