UV-C for Air Handling Units
Disinfection unit helping to prevent transmission of bacteria & viruses.
Providing safe, healthy indoor air is more important than it has ever been – in certain applications even life critical. By equipping our building’s ventilation systems with clever engineered solutions FläktGroup can help to greatly reduce the risks related to transmission of airborne particles – including a number of harmful viruses and bacteria.
FläktGroup has been supplying UV-C systems for over 15 years. Our offer has been updated to combat the current requirements. The design is tried and tested to eliminate over 90% of any virus’s in the airstream. UV-C light, in the correct concentration, attacks the virus DNA, renders it harmless and disinfects the airstream.
For more information on UV-C systems available from FläktGroup in your location we advise that you get in contact with a representative near you.Find a contact
KEY BENEFITS OF UV-C
- >90% effectiveness in disinfection of airborne virus and bacteria
- Available as unit mounted for CAIRplus & eQ Modular AHUs
- Carefully selected UV-C light made of special quartz glass only emitting UV-C light at 254 nanometer, a wavelength specially used for disinfection of airstreams and surfaces and where no ozone is generated.
- Long service life – up to 2 years of continous 24/7 use
- Also available duct mounted for retro-fitting to existing installation
The UV-C unit is designed to be fitted to CAIRplus and eQ Master AHUs.
The preferred location is at the end of the AHU. Duct mounting is also available.
The unit features a UV-C resistant inspection window, automatic door switches and light traps to prevent leakage of harmful UVc on the other components – this way maximum safety can be guaranteed.
Air speed should ideally be 1,8 m/s or < 4 m/s to ensure full effectiveness.
Improving the Indoor Air Quality is a key aim for all types of buildings, both for health and comfort reasons.
The simple step of installing an UV-C disinfection unit is a great solution, in particular for applications where the well being of the occupants is fundamental
– for example:
- Care Homes
Designed for optimum disinfection performance at all air velocities
We have designed the UV-C unit to offer class-leading disinfection performance regardless of your air velocity needs. The nature of the process means that the higher the air velocity the more UV lamps are added to the unit specification – also making the correct selection easy.
The AHU configurations below with plate heat exchanger or rotor, with air re-circulation and installed F9-filters are the most appropriate to be upgraded with UV-C disinfection, in accordance with the latest advice from REHVA.
The UV-C section is delivered complete with control box and all necessary accessories for a quick and easy installation.
GO TO PRODUCTS
UV-C Air Disinfection
- Simple solution which eliminates >90% of virus in supply or exhaust airstreams
- No Ozone creation
- Available for both new and existing Air Handling Units
- Enables AHUs with re-circulation to be put back into service
CAIRplus AIR HANDLING UNIT
- CAIRplus is the tailor-made premium range of modular air handling units for every customer requirement
- Environmentally-friendly design means an energy recovery system with high efficiency is available for every configuration
- Clean surfaces and ease of cleaning guarantee hygienic standards to VDI6022
- All units can be supplied with FläktGroup integrated controls ISYteq 4.0
- T2/TB2/L1/D1 Eurovent certified casing
eQ MASTER® AIR HANDLING UNIT
- Tailor made for customer needs
- Energy Efficient and optimized with integrated control
- Large variety of high efficiency components
WEEE Producer Register Ltd No. 1618WB